Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gnarly Bike Path

This is the Olentangy River Bike path along the 315 freeway. Yes, there is only a cement barrier between the path and traffic. I thought it was crazy/stupid; however it is due to construction of a bridge over the river for the bike path.

My Saturday ride took me from my house through campus and up the Olentangy river trail up to Worthington, OH; where the trail ends. Based on a tip from a fellow trail user I rode through and around the Worthington Golf Course. I rode the steepest and longest hill I have ridden in Ohio.

My ride was 24 miles and I did it in 1:40. It was slow considering it was the my first ride in 5 months. I did see a grandma wearing a spaghetti strap tank top riding along barefoot.

4 comments:

JKThomas said...

I thought that there weren't any hills in Ohio, besides the city dump.

Alexandra said...

My dad was on TV last year because he wrote a letter to all the news stations complaining about how dangerous that bike path is. He rides his bike to and from work.

Unknown said...

At least there are no wild animals lurking around harassing bikers, like there is along the Kern River bike path. Be careful.

Scott said...

It should be noted that the section pictured is only about 30 yards long and only exists because of construction as Reza indicates, the rest of the bike trail is pretty gorgeous as it winds around Antrim lake and in and out of the woods.