Thursday, May 1, 2008

International Lovers


So today Reza and I were headed to eat some wings and go to a dollar movie and he gets a phone call from some unknown area code. He answers it with "Hello, This is Reza" and some girls says "no it's not, this is Justin". No amount of persuasion could get her to realize that it wasn't Justin. But Reza being the nice guy that he is made small talk until she just hung up.

Later on...
We get out of the movie and the phone rings again and it's our mystery 780 caller. Reza being silly answered and said "Hey this is Justin". They just keep talking, he says something to the effect of "ya, aren't we friends on myspace." She was also very impressed that he had "transportation". She was also whining that he was no longer texting her. We also learned that she lives in Canada, somewhere in Alberta to be exact, and Justin supposedly lives in Ottawa. She admits that they met in a chatroom. Then she hung-up again. She called back like 4 times, before Reza answered it and broke the news to her that he was too old to talk to her, he lived in Ohio and was married and that some dude had given her a fake number. Pretty much he broke some Canadian school girls heart. (on a side note we googled the areacode and she really was calling from Canada).

My experience....

Well as most of you know I served my mission in the Philippines. One of the boys I baptized who is now serving his own mission, wrote me once saying that he would marry me. I informed him I love him like a brother and that I had a boyfriend (which I didn't at the time). He wrote back saying that if I wasn't married by 27 he would still take me. So it was comforting to know that I had a Filipino backup plan.

I am also a registered member of my missions website. I have gotten two emails from a guy named Alfred. Who found my email on this website and wants to be friends. But don't worry he is a RM. Just my luck :)

1 comment:

Wendle said...

"Oh hi. Is Wendy there?" Typical Reza intro on the phone :) It's my favorite.