Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Greatest American Football Player


I have wanted to go to the Pro Football hall of fame since I have lived in the Ohio. I had an open Saturday so I went. It was an delightful experience. I had time to go from display to display reading what I wanted and soaking it all in. I think any and all Football fans should make a visit sometime. Pictured above a statue of Jim Thorpe "The Greatest American Football Player"

I had time to stop by and visit the Johnson's, good friends who live in Akron, Oh. I spend the evening with them and their two girls. We had dinner together and caught up on old times. It was fun visiting with them, I am sad they moved out of Columbus the same weekend I moved here.

While in Akron... I went searching for "Goodyear World Of Rubber Museum." The map of Ohio at work lists "The World of Rubber" as one of Ohio's Premier Places of Interest! with a name like "World of Rubber" I had to see what this was all about. I followed the signs from the freeway... I found the Goodyear World headquarters. But the "World of rubber" was no where to be found! I felt like Ralphy not getting his red rider BB gun. I think I made a wrong turn somewhere. I will have to make another trip to find this "World of rubber"

No comments: