
Growing up we recycled aluminum cans. Before "going green" was trendy there was the "can bank" outside Albertsons. We would trade our cans and plastic bottles for CA$H! My Mom would let us keep this CA$H to get a treat. I followed the price of aluminum, like I followed the Dodgers winning percentage. Do you know how much candy redeeming a small bag of cans could buy? Well when the price would be close to a dollar a pound, my sister and I could both get a candy bar. For as long I could remember, I got $.75-$1.25 a pound.
After I signed up for Pelotonia, I thought redeeming cans would be a great fundraiser! I would have a bin at my office and collect cans from my colleagues! I sent an email asking everyone at work to contribute. Over the past month I collected four large trash bags full of cans! Yesterday, I redeemed them; lets just say I got $5.00, rounding up. Apparently it does not pay to recycle in Ohio.
I am going to need a lot of cans to reach my goal! So far 1501 riders have signed up!
To Donate please go to: http://www.pelotonia.org/ride/riders_profile.jsp?MemberID=1299&RiderName=Reza%20Ghazimoradi&SearchStart=0&PAGING
*Note: I could only find a 15 year chart on the price of Aluminum, I was much younger during the above story.
No comments:
Post a Comment