Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...tells everyone, even the Mayor...

Today I cycled to work. I got a typical weekly ride email notice, and it mentioned a ride of silence today, cyclists meeting at the OH Capitol for a ride. I would be riding past the capitol on the way home. When I got there; I found hundreds of cyclists meeting for a "Ride of Silence". It is a slow, silent ride though downtown to remember cyclists who have been killed or injured while ridding. Our Mayor Colman spoke. We proceeded to ride under police escort. This ride was put together by www.considerbiking.org

Here is a link to the media coverage: http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/Ride_of_Silence_Honors_Fallen_Bicyclists/15919/

It was a pleasant diversion, that I sort of stumbled upon.

I am riding to work tomorrow as well, I wonder what surprise I will find.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

hey when will i see you guys out here again. it was a fun surprise last time. p.s. no need to bike here though. it'll take too long, but your ride sounds super cool!