I am in New York taking a two week training class for work. I have spent the last five days here in New York. I came in early to see my good friend and former roommate Carl and his wife Becca. Having never been to New York, I decided to explore the city by getting lost. I accompanied Carl to His office at Rockefeller Center, and from there I wondered the city from the far south tip to 110th street in Harlem.
I saw the filming of the today show first. From there I meant to walk from Rockefeller center to Times square and ended up walking the wrong way. As a result I found some cool buildings and wandered in to Grand Central Station.
I found Times Square, I was way, way, to early for TRL. Disappointed- I Boarded the next Subway train. Seemingly random I got on a train that was going to the south end of Manhattan. I took the subway until it ended at South Ferry. From there I walked all over the Financial district.
I walked and walked and walked, I knew the NYSE did not allow visitors. So I went to the AMEX, I asked the guy at the door if I could go in to check it out. I was told I couldn't.
For Lunch I met my friend Helen (a former ski buddy). She was moving to Harlem, so she suggested "soul food." We ate at this diner in Harlem that was amazing. So Amazing I can't remember the name. I had this BBQ chicken that was so sweet and juicy it fell off the bone. I thought to myself that our friend Zachy would love this place and could write pages and pages of commentary about it. I also thought of S. Jones who would be the guy who picked up and read old copies of Ebony Magazine. I thought of Christy who would have ordered a piece of the homemade pie.
Since my adventure in the city I have been camping out in Long Island. Our NYC office across the Jamaica bay from JFK airport. I am in an intensive training program to learn about Ocean Export products...
to be continued...
P.S. the Los Angeles Lakers are 15-2.
4 comments:
You're so right, he would pick up Ebony. And then get busted singing, "Pieces, Pieces of me"
It is S.Jones. I hope they teach you about pirates in your ocean exports class. Beware the Gulf of Aden, Arrgh...
I hate to tell you this but TRL was canceled and is no more. But you could visit it in memory of what once was. Have a great trip and say hi to Jacob for all of us!
Reza ... i live on 119th. you totally should have stopped in.
Post a Comment