Last week was the annual Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller center. I had the opportunity watch the "lighting" 21 floors above the action. My good friend Carl office over looks Rockefeller center. He let some of us watch from his office, we watched the NBC broadcast "live" on TV and from above.
Getting to Rockefeller center that night was half the adventure. The NYPD closed off many of the streets around the area. There was police vans with P.A. systems advising people to stay away from the area as all the viewing pens are full, and that the Jonas Brothers are NOT performing live...
I was stopped at a police checkpoint...Carl had to vouch for me and I had to give my scouts honor to the Police not to go to near the tree, that I would watch from a Building.
Below is a video that one of Carl's friend Reagan took:
Lighting the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center
3 comments:
I am so jealous what a fun thing to do. Have fun with Christy in New York.
Christy,
That was so cool to watch and I'm sure even cooler to be right there in all that excitment! What a fun time to be in New York. Hope your December is very Merry and fun.
Hi there. Kris totally remembers you. Fun! And thanks for the blog compliment. I've been a total slacker lately and need to start posting some more. You have three blogs??? Nice work! I'm sure Kris would LOVE to take your pics. Let us know if you're ever in town again. You always have a place to stay in Southern California :)
Post a Comment