For better pictures of more damage in the area check out my families blog: http://fabulousfrostfamily.blogspot.com
Sunday, September 21, 2008
You don't have to walk...
We acted like pioneers this past week. Oddly enough we were hit by Hurricane Ike last Sunday. It was very windy for an afternoon, but it was enough to down power lines and rip trees out of the ground. We had sustained winds of 79 miles an hour which qualifies as a category 1 hurricane. It's funny, I always told Reza I liked living in Ohio cause of it's minimal risk of natural disasters. Hurricanes in Columbus, who knew?! Anyways, here are a couple of pictures. We were without power for 4 days, and without cable/internet for 7! I know what you're thinking-- "How did they survive?" But we did, and we have tales to tell
These lines were right across the street.
For better pictures of more damage in the area check out my families blog: http://fabulousfrostfamily.blogspot.com
For better pictures of more damage in the area check out my families blog: http://fabulousfrostfamily.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So this is why Kenny was closed! I kept driving by wondering...
I'm glad you survived the outage!
DANG GINA!! Now that is a storm! Never experienced any of those Ohio Storms! I bet the missionaries had a lot of clean-up work to do! Hope you had a 72 hour kit!
So glad you are safe! Looks like UA got it bad!
How are you?! I miss my Christy!
wow. I'm glad that you guys are okay!
Oh my gosh!! This is incredible!! I'm really just glad you guys are ok.
Post a Comment