Yes I may be a serious grad student, but studying does not even amount to the majority of my life. I love being domestic---especially when it comes to sewing and quilting. I realize that "quilting" does not conjure up images of a 24 year old, newlywed, grad student, but I am hooked. I actually started sewing years ago, I was a member of 4-H and my sewing project I made in 4th grade won the Franklin County Fair and I competed at the State Fair (which I did not win).
I became re-interested in sewing when my Mom picked up quilting a few years ago. I have jumped on the bandwagon with my Mom and all her friends. I crash their weekly quilting groups when I can, and I really enjoy picking out patterns, fabric and creating something beautiful.
Here is a picture of my first "real" quilting project. I have made simpler quilting projects, but this is the first one that I have quilted and bound. It's my Mom's Christmas present.

I also really like making bags/purses. I finished this one this morning. For really cool fabrics, and free patterns check out this website:
Amy Butler Designs. The bag is one of her patterns, she does a lot of really cool stuff!

PS. If you are into quilting--Amish country is the place to go. They have great quilts, and amazing fabric selections. I went yesterday with my Mom. It was a blast!
2 comments:
i love the bag and would like to order one for a Christmas present. Also i cannot believe you went to Amish Country without me!
So does your mom look at your site or does she already know what her Christmas present is? I love it and the bag is so cute. You should make those and sale them. Maybe I could buy one from you so I don't have to make them!!!!
Post a Comment