Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia


Reza and I finally have a Ghazimoradi family tradition! Last Memorial Day weekend, I went camping in Moab, UT with Reza and all of his married friends, and we fell in love. This Memorial Day weekend we went to the Monongahela National Forest that is semi-close to Elkins, WV. It was a great weekend, and we decided that we would camp every Memorial Day weekend!

I had just turned in a 36 page paper the day before we left, so it was great to get away for a bit. It was also great to break in our new tent, and other camping gear we got for our wedding. We also went on a 10 mile hike back to these waterfalls. The trail was along side a creek and it was amazing. I absolutely love trees and mountains so I was in heaven, even though I had a migraine for a lot of the hike. Reza proclaimed the day "his favorite day together since we got married!" Anyways it was fabulous and I recommend the locatioThe picture below is us at the highest point in West Virginia--a whooping 4800 feet. We drove to the top:)

2 comments:

Scott said...

Great pictures!

Nat said...

I am so jealous it looks beautiful. Camping is the best memorial day tradition. Next year we should try to make moab happen again or maybe somewhere our there.