Monday, January 25, 2010
Same Street as the White House
I love a great McDonalds breakfast. On our way to Baltimore on Saturday, we stopped at the McDonalds on Pennsylvania and K street NE. Driving down Pennsylvania ave, NE a strikingly visible economically depressed area; It's sad. Christy made the comment, this is the same street that Obama lives on. As we pull into McDonalds parking lot, we see a man selling a colorful array of children's socks out the trunk of his sedan. It was like a flea market. We got our egg McMuffins (300 calories, 10g of protein) and were on our way. At the light to get back on the freeway, a vagrant approached our stopped car. He asked me for money to get something to eat. I offered some our McDonalds. He declined. He told me he wanted some Chicken. I responded "If you don't want a yummy golden McDonalds hash brown, then you're not hungry."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so agree on the hash brown thing! In fact, what's hunger got to do with wanting one of those yummy golden brown delights!
Let's be honest...he offered him MY hashbrown and I would have been mad if the bum had taken it.
Post a Comment