Thursday, October 15, 2009

I turned 26 at Virginia Beach

My birthday was on Sunday. I also happened to have Monday off in honor of Columbus Day. (I've never actually had that day off, ya for private schools!). So I made Reza take the day off too, so we could go somewhere. We went to Virginia Beach and stayed at a lovely hotel we got on Priceline. We enjoys a comfy king size bed and took several naps a day. Virginia Beach has a lovely boardwalk full of crappy suveniour shops, hotels and resturants. We rented that funny looking bike for a delightful ride. It was a bit cold to swim, but just being near the ocean makes me happy.

On our way home we planned to go to Jamestown, but Reza asked if we could stop in Norfolk, VA to look at the big ships. We ended up taking a 2 hour river cruise through the Naval and Shipping docks to look at A LOT of big ships. It was quite cool. The aircraft carriers were Rez's favorite (apparently he had a poster of them as a child). It also apparently was "Fleet Week" so we took a tour of a fighter ship and took turns sitting in the captains chair.

It was fun.




1 comment:

Pam alias Mom said...

Sounds and looks like great fun. Being by the ocean makes me happy too. So one more time the question would be why have I lived in Ohio all my life?