Sunday, July 6, 2008
A weekend of fireworks!
First of all, the 4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday. I love celebrating this country that has made my wonderful life so possible. When I think about all of the little things that had to come together for the United States to become the country that it is, I am so aware of the Hand of God in my life, and in the lives of the men who established this country. There are so many blessings in my life because I am an American. Most importantly I have always been able to choose how I worship and who I worship. I am grateful that I have been able to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that I can worship Jesus Christ as my Savior without threat of persecution. I also happen to love fireworks, parades, BBQ's and long weekends--all fabulous Independence Day traditions. That being said, Columbus throws a sick 4th of July party. On July 3rd is the annual Red, White and Boom. Approximately 3/4 of a million people head downtown for a parade, food, concerts and most importantly fireworks. Reza and I ventured downtown and found a great spot right on the river!
That is Reza's shirt he got when the World Cup was in the US (he was a freshman in High School). He also attended the USA v. Brazil game during that World Cup.
This is how good our seats were---I didn't zoom in or anything!
Reza and I hosted a "Fiesta on the Fifth"! Reza made wonderful carne asada tacos, I made sweet pork, and we had grilled chicken as well. We had a great turnout and wonderful food!
My parents and the Fultons' enjoying the fiesta.
Jeremy, Mallory, Lincoln, Mark and Stacy having a blast.
My high school friends/spouses (Steve, Molly, Seth and Megan) who live in Columbus came by as well. It's a shame we don't all see each other more!
Our neighbor Chris put up a slack line/tight rope between the electrical poles in our backyard. This is about as successful as Reza got :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. Great picture of Reza
2. I've been in LA a week or two and already can't believe that all of that grass is a yard :)
what exactly is Reza doing in the last picture?
Post a Comment